In 2017-2018, through your dues and contributions, the Twin Hickory PTA:
- Purchased Purple Folders and Student Agendas for every student
- Provided Subscriptions to Time for Kids and Scholastic News for all classrooms
- Purchased online subscriptions to Brain Pop, Reading A-Z, Study Island and Raz Kids for all students
- Sponsored school assembly performances by Joe Romano for the students
- Provided every family with a Student Directory (My School Anywhere)
- Showed our Appreciation to our Awesome Faculty every month of the year!
- Purchased t-shirts for our Amazing Faculty
- Reimbursed 32 staff members for out of pocket expenses for their classrooms
- Purchased brand new literacy resources for 2nd and 4th grade teachers
- Purchased new books and resources for the Library
- Purchased new sporting equipment for the Gym
- Provided Prizes for all four Blazer Blasts
- Sponsored the Fall Festival in September
- Organized spirit nights at Barnes & Noble, Chipotle, Mod Pizza and more!
- Sponsored the Holiday Shop in December
- Sponsored Books for Bingo (which also provided books for our Library!) in January
- Facilitated the Reflections Program entries and awards
- Facilitated Running Club in the fall and spring
- Facilitated Earth Savers to assist the school in our Recycling Program
- Sponsored the 5th Grade Moving Up Celebration in June
- Facilitated Volunteer Opportunities and Room Parent duties through nList
- Set up an online Spiritwear Store with tons of cool items to show your Trailblazer Pride!
- Facilitated the Yearbook photos and sales (and our new provider has planted 352 trees in our name!)
- Helped keep our grounds and learning garden beautiful throughout the year
This was all accomplished by Parent Volunteers and was funded through your participation in the Trailblazer Club, by our Corporate Sponsors and through our various spirit nights and shopping rewards programs.
We have several opportunities still available for you to get involved next year. Please contact Kristi Lang (email@example.com) to find out more. Have a great summer and let’s keep up the good work!