PTA Mission Statement
Striving for enrichment and educational excellence throughout the Twin Hickory Elementary School community.
The primary goal of the PTA is to strengthen our family units, our schools and our communities through parent/family involvement. PTA recognizes parents as the first educators in the home and works to promote parents as partners in the school. The Virginia PTA is the strongest group of volunteers in the state working exclusively on behalf of children and youth.
We hope that each and every parent with children at Twin Hickory Elementary will join the PTA!
Each child benefits from the programs and services of the PTA. The PTA budget is very dependent upon each child having a corresponding adult membership. So, if you have multiple children in the school, please consider a PTA membership for each child. It only costs $5.00 to become a PTA member. It is through your memberships, volunteer hours, and overall participation in your student’s education that we achieve success together.
The PTA’s efforts are primarily funded through the Trailblazer Club, a direct donation fundraising campaign that allows families to make a once-a-year donation to the PTA without further requests for funds throughout the year. This will again be the major fundraising effort for the PTA this school year. With these proceeds it will allow us to fund many of our programs and purchases for the year including:
- science labs
- schoolwide arts & media programs, as well as the annual PTA Reflections contest
- purple communication folders
- student directories
- classroom equipment – such as Ibeam projectors – and other schoolwide technology additions and improvements
- faculty/staff support
- school grounds upgrades
- and more!!
Without the PTA these programs and supplies would not exist!
The objectives of this PTA, in common with those of the National PTA and the Virginia PTA are (from Article III, Section 1, PTA Bylaws):
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.