The Laurie McNeice Scholarship Fund for Education was established in 2015. The scholarship is awarded in memory of Laurie McNeice, a young and inspiring teacher at Twin Hickory Elementary School, who passed away in 2014. Twin Hickory Elementary School is celebrating the life and honoring the memory of this dedicated teacher, caring family member and loyal friend with a scholarship in her name.
General Information and Instructions
The Laurie McNeice Scholarship (LMS) for Education honors a 2018 high school graduate who attended Twin Hickory Elementary School, in Glen Allen, VA, for one full school calendar year (September through June), with a $500.00 Scholarship.
The Sponsorship Committee will award this scholarship to a 2018 high school graduate entering the field of education.
All eligible candidates are required to have attended Twin Hickory Elementary School (THES) for one full school calendar year. Candidates must submit the following items:
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or staff member from his or her graduating high school.
- A copy of his/her high school transcript.
- A completed application.
- A written essay that consists of the following:
- A short synopsis of your educational history (i.e. where you have attended school, likes and dislikes, favorite subjects, etc.)
- What year(s) did you attend Twin Hickory Elementary School?
- What are your goals over the next four years?
- Tell us about your favorite memory (or memories) of Twin Hickory Elementary.
- Share with us your involvement with Twin Hickory’s after school enrichment program(s) (if applicable) or any outside programs you feel enriched your education during your time attending THES.
- Have you applied for any other scholarships? If so, please let us know the name of scholarship, if you have accepted the scholarship and if it is educational or sports based.
- How will the THES Scholarship contribute to your financial need?
Other determining factors (although not required) include the candidate’s grade point average, community involvement and any extra-curricular activity(ies) the candidate may have participated in.
If interested in applying for the Laurie McNeice Scholarship Fund, please submit your
application and attachments to: LMS Chairperson Anshu Gupta (Anshu.email@example.com) on or before May 1, 2018.
Applications may be submitted in a hard copy form to Twin Hickory Elementary School Attn: Anshu Gupta c/o THES PTA, 4900 Twin Hickory Lake Drive Glen Allen, VA 23059.
You may download the 2017-18 Scholarship Fund Information and Application Sheet here.
All applications will be reviewed by a member of the Twin Hickory Scholarship Committee, as well as the Twin Hickory PTA Executive Committee.
Thank you for your application for The Laurie McNeice Scholarship Foundation. We wish all candidates best of luck in their future endeavors.