Twin Hickory Elementary PTA General Membership Meeting
April 20, 2018
A meeting of the Twin Hickory Elementary School PTA General Membership was held on April 20, 2018. Kristi Lang called the meeting to order at 8:30 AM. Quorum was established.
Minutes from the last General Membership Meeting, held on March 22, 2018, were posted at the auditorium entrance and on the PTA website. No corrections were noted. Minutes stand approved.
The March Treasurer’s report was posted at the entrance to the auditorium and on the PTA website. No corrections were noted by the general membership. The report will be filed for audit.
- The Nominating Committee has presented the following candidates for election to the Executive Committee for the 2018-2019 school year:
President: Kristi Lang
1st Vice President of Programs: Heidi Philyaw
3rd Vice President of Volunteers: LaRuth Ensley
Recording Secretary: Cathy Parker
Treasurer: Laurie Owens
- There were no further nominations from the floor.
- Kristi asked the General Membership to elect the slate by a single vote, since there is only one nominee per position. The General Membership voted to elect the above slate. Kristi congratulated the newly elected Executive Committee.
- Kristi asked that anyone interested in the position of 2nd VP, Ways and Means, to please reach out to her, as we do not currently have anyone slated for that position.
Standing Committee and Special Committee Positions
- An interest form for PTA Committee Chairperson and Coordinator positions was sent home in purple folders last Friday.
- Kristi asked that people please review the interest form and consider volunteering for one of the positions on the PTA, and to feel free to reach out to Kristi to find out more about the positions and what time commitment is involved.
Kristi thanked our Platinum level business sponsors (Dr. Gina Dyda-Schmid, Master Cho’s Tae-Kwon-Do, and Tutoring Club of Glen Allen).
There was no further business to discuss. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 AM.
The next general membership meeting will be held on Thursday, May 17th, at 7:00 PM in the Gym, followed by the Fourth Grade Performance.